Random Quote

Sunday, September 11, 2005

They will beat your parking ticket for you or your money back (unless you are a Red Sox fan).


A company called BeatTix.com will fight your New York City parking ticket for you for $20. They guarantee dismissal or they’ll refund your money, just send in your ticket and a copy of your car registration, and they will go to work for you. Not a bad deal considering parking tickets range from $35 to $65 in Manhattan.

If you are a Yankees fan, it gets even better. As a special promo, if you get a ticket anywhere within 2 miles of Yankee Stadium during a game for the rest of the season, they will fight your ticket for FREE. Note that the company’s CEO points out in the press release that “this offer does not apply to vehicles with Massachusetts license plates or owned by Red Sox fans!”

Thanks to The Car Connection for the link.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a true scam. They wait until the grace period lapses, then notify you that they lost the fight but have been able to reduce the penalty fee and let you pay the initial fine. Thanks for scamming me $19.95 and letting me pay my initial fine.

Anonymous said...

Just got a ticket last night in NYC and was searching to see if anyone has used beattix.com and posted about it. I got a ticket a couple months and heard about this site but was hesitant to use it. I did send in the full amount to NYC but at the same time I filed an appeal online as well. A few weeks later I got back a letter saying they would reduce the ticket to half, but I had already paid the ticket in full which means you admit guilt. So I think I may tryi to appeal it from the start this time rather than using one of these serivces.

Anonymous said...

They also bounced the "refund check" for the amount they wouldn't be able to refund. I'm going to call the cops on them.