Random Quote

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

This might be a good time for the plaintiff to see if that last offer is still on the table.


Anyone who has ever sat through an entire trial can appreciate this poor juror's frustration. I assume the judge had to boot the juror, but was probably nodding while he read this juror's letter, saying, "I'm with you, brother."

This is a transcription of the handwritten original;


Your Honor,

I am tired of spending day after day wasting my time listening to this bullcrap. This is cruel and unusual punishment. The plantif (sic) is an idiot. He has no case. Why are we here? I think my cat could better answer these questions . . . and he wouldn’t keep asking to see a document.

I’ve been patient. I’ve sat in these chairs for 7 days now. If I believed for a second this was going to end on Thursday I might not go crazy. This is going to last for another 4 weeks. I cannot take this. I hate these lawyers and prayed one would die so the case would end.

I shouldn’t be on this jury. I want to die. I want to die!! Well not die for real but that is how I feel sitting here. I am the judge, you’ve said that over and over, well I am not fair and balanced. I hate the plantif. His ignorance is driving me crazy. I know I’m writing this in vain but I have to do something . . . for my sanity. These jury chairs should come with a straight jacket.

An entire day today and we are still on the same witness. The defense hasn’t even started yet and we have 3 days left 3 days my ass. Not that the defense needs a turn considering the plantif and his lawyer (who looks like the Penquin (sic)) have no case!!!! Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Please keep the disordelies (sic) nearby. I may need them.

Juror #5

Via iComo

No comments: