Random Quote

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

From the early days of television, credits that are actually fun (and possible) to watch.



Most people have never heard of Ernie Kovacs but he was both a comic genius and a television pioneer from the days when TV was black and white. At the risk of dating myself and confirming for many of you that I am indeed an old geezer, as a child I watched his TV show every week. He was unique and pretty goofy.

This clip, consisting of nothing else but the closing credits from one of his shows, indicates just how clever Kovacs was and as an aside, reminds me of the days when you could actually read the credits on television shows. It looks crude by today's standards but was very difficult to do with the editing tools available in the late fifties.

1 comment:

Al Quagliata said...

Hi. I enjoyed your post. I run The Ernie Kovacs Blog and mentioned it in my latest update.

You can always visit us at:
The Ernie Kovacs Blog
The Ernie Kovacs Tribute Site
and The Ernie Kovacs MySpace Page.