Random Quote

Sunday, March 04, 2007

ATM's are going to the dogs. Now let's teach them how to vote.

It seems that Diebold, the company that has made us all nostalgic for the days of hanging chads, has decided to get out of the voting machine business.


It struck me as ironic because the same day I stumbled across that news item, I also found this little tidbit about dogs being trained to help their disabled owners to withdraw money from ATM machines and then I suddenly remembered that the the world's largest maker of ATM machines is....... DIEBOLD!

I see what the corporate types call synergy here. Diebold can effectively deal with all the problems people seem to have in operating their electronic voting machines by just teaching dogs how to use them. Heck, if this country really is going to the dogs, we should probably just give them the vote anyway. From this story, it looks like they could handle it.

No comments: