Random Quote

Saturday, January 28, 2006

You can't make this stuff up.

As you may have noticed, I have been blogging at a much reduced rate of late. This is mostly due to a sudden increase in work. I have been reading many more briefs and transcripts than usual and I took a bunch of these home to review over the weekend and buried in one of the transcripts I found this little gem:

ATTORNEY: Please describe how the defendant was driving.

WITNESS: The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call bogus: this is an old joke. The last sentence, exact words, appears almost 700 times on google...

Unless the witness was deliberately cracking said old joke...

Have Opinion Will Travel said...

I suppose the witness could have been joking or just completely inarticulate since thoughout his testimony, he came across as something less than a rocket scientist. I'll take your word on the Google hits but if it is an old joke, it is one I hadn't heard before.