Random Quote

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A sign that it is time to say goodbye.


While experimenting with hosting this blog on a different server, I managed to basically cause it to implode and wipe out all the previous posts. I was planning on announcing a hiatus from blogging at the end of this week anyway due to some surgery that will have me typing with one hand for a few weeks.

After I finished cursing the "ghosts in the machine," I concluded that the disintegration of the blog may have been a sign from on high that it is time for me wake up to the fact that maintaining this blog is hard work and that because I have a hard time saying "No" to any request that comes along, I have overextended myself. In addition to my day job, I have agreed to teach a class this fall at a law school up the road and last week I committed to collaborate with some other judges and practicioners on an appellate advocacy handbook. So I am going to take a break from blogging for awhile.

This blog has been fun for me and I hope for you. I won't take it down quite yet because I suspect that I may miss it enough to come back to it and blog occasionally if at a reduced pace when I get the rest of my life better organized but I won't make any promises I may not be able to keep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you come back. Reading your posts was one of the highlights of my day.

HR said...

For a while now, this site has been my third stop on the WWW: (1) check email, (2) look to see what Howard Bashman has posted, and (3) visit my favorite annonymous judge. Good luck w/ the surgery and hope you come back!

Anonymous said...

Ditto the last comment. First stop email, then Bashman, Wonkette, A3G, and here. Thanks for signing off in any event.